Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Ballad of Michael Cera

It's not that I don't like Michael Cera.

He's young, hip, funny, and kind of a dork.

He's the next Jason Biggs.

Jason Biggs became the new Steven Segal.

What do these three people have in common? They all have the ability to make us laugh. They also have the ability to play the exact same character in any movie.

Michael Cera, Jason Biggs, and Steven Segal can play cavemen in one movie, cyborgs in another, and Brazilian Nazis in the last and still be the same character. That's beyond acting. That's art.

Am I being sarcastic? Yeah... I'm being sarcastic. Was I being sarcastic when I said THAT? I don't remember.

I find the type-casting of these actors incredibly inspiring. As a matter of fact, their roles inspired me to write the exact same song over and over again, calling it something different each time. I'm also including a cover on this set of songs, but it's actually the same song as the others on the album. I'm just calling it "Stairway to Heaven" so now it's a cover.

Thank you, Michael Cera.

No comments: