Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Icons: Part 1 in a Series of 1

I already know I'm going to get a lot of hate mail for this one.

I love Easter. I love dinner with family and springtime in Arizona. I love everything about it... except for one thing.

It's a holiday that celebrates resurrection, and we celebrate it with... egg hunts? Rabbits? WTF?

Don't get me wrong. I love Paganism. Fire, fertility, dandelions... it's all great, but we need to update our religious celebrations. How long have we been mixing Pagan and Christian ideas now? A couple thousand years? Christianity needs to move on. They need to ditch the Pagan crutch and embrace pop culture.

From now on, I suggest that we replace rabbits and eggs with an icon that better represents the idea of resurrection. What's the first thing that comes to mind when we think of someone coming back from the dead? That's right. Zombies. And what better way to celebrate zombies than with zombie walks.

You can read about future Easter Day Zombie Walks here at Viva La Revolucion! in the near future. Please send any hate mail to the e mail address listed in my profile.

No comments: