Monday, April 30, 2007

So you've decided to get yourself eaten.

It occurred to me in a meeting as I was about to bite in to my tastey snack, a goldfish brand cracker. I felt suddenly perverse and ill to my stomach as the little fish smiled back at me. Then I thought of other foods that smile before you eat them: gingerbread men, gummy bears, chocolate santa clauses, etc. It really started to bother me and in disgust I tossed my goldfish brand cracker across the room where it shattered in a wastebasket.

The smiling foods bother me for one important reason: it's about to be devoured. Would you smile like an idiot if someone were about to crush you between their teeth, swallow your cadaver, and digest you without a moment's hesitation? Now don't get me wrong. I don't feel sorry for my smiling treats. I feel cheated. A smiling snack takes away the thrill of the hunt. I want my food to be terrorized as it nears my mouth. There's no fun in eating something that doesn't fear you. Prey should fear its predator!!!

That is all for today. Phil out.

No comments: